1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partial Subtitles

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Vajar, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Vajar

Vajar Member

For a movie I'm backing up, it has partial subtitles (for when part of the movie is in a foreign language) - how do I set it up so that it only copies subtitles that are in the original movie? I don't want subtitles for the English portions of the movie and I can't figure out how to omit these portions.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What software are you using?

3. Vajar

Vajar Member

Not sure if I'm doing things a little old-school here, but I'm using SmartRipper, then using DVD2AVI, then using CDex to compress the audio, and VirtualDub to create a DivX compressed movie and then burning 2 movies per DVD to run on my TV through my computer. I'm using the VobSub tool to get the subtitles. A utility that comes with it allows me to figure out which subtitles are forced (are played with the movie when subtitles are off), but I have to individually check each one. I was mainly looking for a faster way of going about this process - one that would automate integrating only the forced subtitles.