1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partition Dell and restore?,,,,

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by darrencp, Aug 11, 2011.

1. darrencp

darrencp Member

Hey Guys,

I've got a Inspiron 530, thats now full of crap mixed with stuff i do use/need. I was hoping/wondering if there's a way to partition the current c:\ (into c:\ & d:\) and use the dell resotre disk to create a fresh install on the newly created partition (d:\) so i can slowly install onto the new partition the programs / files i need before formatting the old install to use as space. Is that possible?

I know it would be easier to start from scratch but the PC is a works PC and i want to make sure everything is copied over that i need/use before i wipe the exisiting partition...

Cheers
    Darren

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

copy info onto cd\dvd, flashdrive or external hd.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

easeus todo backup is a free imaging program which you can use to create an image file & retreive data at any time once it's mounted,the upside you can restore the pc back to before you tinkered with it & since it's an image file & not a sector by sector clone space is saved,other option is to select specific file & folders only,so docs & settings would be pretty much all you'd need

4. darrencp

darrencp Member

cheers guys!
    I think i'll check out the easus todo backup tool and see how it goes! Thanks again!

Darren

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

It goes well & runs better than acronis 11 which now seems to be more or less bloated eye candy garbage,either that or it's something to do with the aero thing it has going on,acronis 9 never ran like that grrrrrrrr