1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

parts that came with the swapmagic 3.6 disk

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by RLipp69, Feb 10, 2007.

1. RLipp69

RLipp69 Member

when i got my swap magic 3.6 disk it came with 3silver metal parts and free Slim Kit Pro 3 plastic parts also.Do i need to install all of these parts i just installed the metal parts it spins up with the lid open or do the plastic parts need to be installed.

2. Amanda916

Amanda916 Member

You only need the silver keys if you have V15 PS2. With V15 you will need to install all three parts, but you won't be able to close the door with the big key (E) installed. Just install the first two keys and use the straw or other methods mentioned here to install the third key so that you can play with the door close. I simply used a piece of thin plastic to replace key E and it works wonderfully for me with the lid close on my PS2 V15. Try this search: "Solution for installing magic key #3 on PS2 V15". I wouldn't recommend the method which require you to open up your new console if it is under warranty. I am a newbie here so hopefully my way will work for you too.

3. RLipp69

RLipp69 Member

thanks for the reply .i have the v12 model of the ps2 and all 3 parts installed fine.the bigger keys was the hardst partto install but it works fine now with the lid closed.