1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passing A movie through Shrink Twice

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dayspring, Dec 17, 2004.

1. dayspring

dayspring Guest

Hellow everyone.

I am trying to backup my Indian movie but its to big, if I do a full backup the copression drops to about 43%, Which I feel is to low. Idealy I would like to have a full backup with 80% but for this the ISO file to my hard drive would have to be 6.5Gb. Can I then shrink this again from the hard drive back to 4260Mb will this give me about 80% compression.

Is that how it works? or will I still be left with the problem of the file beening to big to compress to 80%

Merry Christmas
    Dayspring

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

That seems like funny math to me.

Is shrinking twice using one half the needed compression the same as shrinking once using all the need compression?

Final File Size/Original File Size=Total Compression.

Then don't do a full backup.
    Or do a full backup and accept the needed compression.

3. Kingd

Kingd Guest

dayspring: I can't remember if it was here or on the doom9 forums but someone came up with a method to put a movie through Shrink twice which he felt gave better results then doing it once. This only worked on movies with alot of compression. He had some formula to figure out how to get equal compression both times, say first time at 65% and the next time at 65% to get down to 4.3 gigs. I think it was on doom9, do a search to find the particular threads.

4. dayspring

dayspring Guest

Hi,

Thanks for the help with passing a movie through shrink twice but I am having a lot of problems with it.

Kingd I have been searching both Doom9 and this forum and can not find a thread to the factors, I have also tried to work out how to pass a movies through shrink twice and failed misserably. So If some one can help with a guid or a link to a thread that shows me the light I would be greatfull.

Kind regards
    Dayspring

5. Kingd

Kingd Guest