1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

patch PAL to NTSC-U ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by crashiee, Apr 22, 2007.

1. crashiee

crashiee Guest

hey i was woundering if there was a program that patches PAL games to NTSC-U games.

2. deussta

deussta Member

3. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

backup your wii game into a iso then patch it with either wiigion free or regionfrii

4. 1773

1773 Regular member

ok so i get a PAL iso and patch it with one of the patchers to ntsc-u, burn,would it work now?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  5. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

yeah.. OR if you have a wiikey installed download the setup disc v1.2 into a dvd then run it and set region override to ON

6. 1773

1773 Regular member

if i turn on the region override option would that be just like patching the PAL game to NTSC-U?

7. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

yes it will automatically boot different region games considering if your modchip has that feature (e.g. wiikey) and that you turn it on. Take note that if you turn on the region override it will soft mod the game making it look like the region of your console but it wouldnt be permanent compared to patching it with the program then burning a backup.
    IMO only burn a backup copy with a region patch if you dont have a modchip with region override (supports other region) feature. so if you have a wiikey just turn it on. also there are some games that wouldnt work like naruto GNT EX wii (for jap consoles only) even if you burn a patched iso. i overheard some people saying that wiikey is coming up with an firmware update on the chip which would make these other games playable.