1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patched Firmware Pioneer 109

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by gw464, Oct 11, 2007.

1. gw464

gw464 Guest

Hi

I am trying to make a backup of an original 360 xbox disc using Schtrom V3.3. My D/L drive is the Pioneer 109 with Pioneers v1.58 firmware. When I click on the extract button I get an error message saying " Only Xbox backup discs can be extracted on a normal DVD-ROM without a patched firmware! you can't extract original discs"
    I take it I need to change the firmware on my Pioneer drive....but to what?
    Any help appreciated
    Thanks

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

The Pioneer won't do it. You can only use the Samsung sh-d162c, sh-d163a, or the Toshiba ts-h352c dvd drive. Those are the ONLY drives which have modified firmware available which will let them read Xbox/Xbox360 discs.

3. gw464

gw464 Guest

thats a blow....take it it's either a new drive or I am assuming I can connect the PC to the 360 once it's connected to the network and rip the disc from there? with the disc in the 360's drive

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Close... but it's not that easy. You got two options if you want to use your 360.

- Can't network. You must remove the dvd drive from the 360 and plug it in to your pc as if you were going to flash it.

- You can buy the Blaster or Xenogear and install it. Actually, I know the Blaster will work but I'm not positive about the Xenogear for ripping games.

Purchasing the Blaster/Xenogear and installing it is more expensive than buying the Samsung/Toshiba. Plus you still have the bother of unhooking everything from your tv and hauling it to your pc if they're not in the same room.

Also, AND THIS IS IMPORTANT, it's believed that backups created from Hitachi drives connected to the pc were improperly made... resulting in being banned from Live. Of course, there are other reasons for bannings, but this is one of them.

5. gw464

gw464 Guest

did the sensible thing (I think) just bought the Samsung drive...

6. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

You won't regret it. It makes creating backups quick and easy.