1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patching a Game..?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Pazzi1, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Pazzi1

Pazzi1 Guest

Hi, I downloaded the software to patch a game to avoid the game to be slow or skiping but I do not know how to use it... I know that an original cd has some kind of key and I dont even know if I need it for my backup cd nor to get it patch. Can someone please explain me a little bit more on this. Do all the games need to be patch?

Thanks.
    Pazzi1

2. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

only online games need to be patched.

3. Pazzi1

Pazzi1 Guest

4. teggy

teggy Regular member

Jonjakam is right, however some games may be a tad sluggish(barely noticeable and in cutscenes). I only noticed it in Fifa 2005.

But you need a utility called disc ID utility on which you download and burn to disc(try searching aD for it). you use this to get the ID off of the original copy of the game.

Then you need a program called image patcher to patch the ID to your game image on your Hard drive.

1: Use swap magic(or if you have a mod chip just boot it) to boot the disc id util, when prompted by disc id press eject and insert your real game. When it appears take down the ID(the top set of numbers)

2: Use DVD Decrypter on Mode>ISO>Read and save the game image to your Hard disc.

3: Open image patcher and use it to open your game image, then hit scan and verify. When it completes enter the numbers you recorded earlier and hit patch.

4: Use DVD Decrypter on Mode>ISO>Write to burn your newly patched image to a blank DVD.

Hoping all went well, you should now be able to play your backup online.

5. teggy

teggy Regular member

Aww, lol. If you got it sorted it's cool. I posted that whilst you were posting. Ah well it's there for reference at least.
    (I hope my instructions are right)

6. Pazzi1

Pazzi1 Guest

Thanks a lot.. just one question.. I have the files for the ID utility Cd but how do I burn it.. just as a data file?

I have 7 files from that zip

Discidutil.bin
    Discidutil.cue
    DISCIDUTIL.nfo
    Easebuy2000.com.url
    Ps2cover.com.url
    PS2NFO.com.url
    Ps2ownz.com.url

Thanks for the help.

7. teggy

teggy Regular member

What burning program are you using?

I suggest Alcohol 120% for Burning cue files.

Download Alcohol 120% (can't remember the link, but google it and you shd find it) it's a trial program so after 30 days delete any entries it made in the registry.

When you have it installed run it and select image burning wizard and then when it asks you to select a file browse to where the .cue file is for teh Disc ID utility and hit next. Now set the write method to DAO / SAO(it's the default one anyways) and burn it at the lowest speed possible and you should be fine.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004