1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patching Games - Are They The Same?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mad89, Oct 22, 2004.

1. mad89

mad89 Member

i have read the thread baout burning fifa 2005 and it needing a patch etc...

now my question is this:

are all of the disc id codes the same? i.e. can i get a fifa 2005 code off someone on here and use it to backup fifa 2005, even though they are not the smae disc...?

2. HatTrik24

HatTrik24 Regular member

Any online game Disc ID will work for that.

Nobody is going to give you theirs though.
    And it isn't acceptable to post disc ids on these forums.

3. rowdan

rowdan Member

It is my understanding that the DNAS codeing is simular to the cd keys for computer software, it is to make sure only one of each "original" disk is online at the same time, so in therory you could take the DNAS from say the EverQuest you own the original of and put that DNAS code on your copy of "fifa 2005" so long as you make sure no one is useing the EQ disk that has the same DNAS, since you own the original that prity easy.

basicly don't go rent one from Blockbuster and keep the DNAS code because it will get banned really quickly. make sure you actually have at least one original game that requires DNAS and you should be able to use it for any of your copyed games that Require DNAS

4. mad89

mad89 Member

ok thanks

now my next question is do you need to patch the games...?

as far as i understand, you need the disc id and the patch if you want to play the games online...

how about if you dont want the games for playing online then do you just burn them as usual? (i.e. dvd decrypter iso read / iso write...?)

and will they work fine?

i dont care if the games are not playable online as i do not have the network adapter etc etc to be able to play online...

5. leeborn

leeborn Regular member