1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patching HD Loader

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by CRX_GOD, Jan 14, 2005.

1. CRX_GOD

CRX_GOD Member

Hi,

I ahve a PAL copy of HD Loader installed on a small HDD(6Gb) and have downloaded the patch to use HDD's larger than the 137Gb limit. What i need to know is how to patch HD Loader. Ant information on how to do this would greatly appreciated.

BTW my ps2 is not chipped and its an original HD Loader.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

then you won't be able to load a patched version.

3. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

dont lie to the poor guy. he can still load the patched version.

All you need is access to a modded ps2 for about 15 minutes, or to do the cogswap method a couple times. You need to patch it, then make the memory card exploit and use a PS1 game to trigger it. Its a lot of work for your setup.

Also if you have a 6 gb hdd the patch wont add more space to it. So unless you have a 200 gb drive waiting there is no reason to do this.

4. CRX_GOD

CRX_GOD Member

i realise it wont add space to the HDD. Im not a PC noob. I now have a 160 gb hdd and wanna use all of it. I tried this whole exploit thing but i dont really understand the process. Any detailed explanations you can give me would help ;)

5. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

so you have a way to boot a copied CD?

If you have a mod chip that can boot PS2 cd's directly please let me know. If that is so then I can tell you a VERY easy way to make this happen. And you dont need to fool around with the MC exploit. ( I dont care much for it unless you must use it)

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

your 160gig hd is actually 149 gigs. Hd loader will recognize 137gigs of it.

7. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

can you explain that?

I know HD loader seems to use a certain amount, but I dont see how 160 gb turns into 137 after you run the patch.

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

no, the unpatched version will recognize up to 137 gigs. So if you can't get it to work, your only losing 12gigs. And, i also think the patch is for the memory card exploit version of hd loader.

9. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

ok, I see what you mean. Basically he is losing space for 3 games by not using a patched version

The patch is for the loader. You dont have to use it as a memory card version. I am using it patched as a Cd version with my no swap mod chip.

Anyway I re-read your post that says you do not have a mod chip. So I guess I need to explain how to do it as a exploit.

There are MANY tutorials on how to do this on here. I will assum you have already found the tutorial on patching the game.

So all you need to do now is get your hands on the memory card exploit for it, rename your "OUTFILE.ELF" from the patcher to "BOOT.ELF" and drop it into the "FILES" folder of the exploit. It will ask you if you want to replace boot.elf with this new file. Say yes. Then burn it onto a cd, and use the knife trick to swap in your copied disk. This will install it on the memory card. Then all you need to do it put your trigger disk (PS1 disc) in the ps2 with that mc in slot 1 and it should boot right in with the patched version.

If you have a regular email account I can send you the contents of the folder for you so you just need to burn it to a disc. Pm me your account.