1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

patching?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Evo_D, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Evo_D

Evo_D Member

i have made an iso of a game and i want to burn it to a dvd-r but i am not sure if i need to patch it before i use Nero and i want to know if anyone could tell me of a guide or how i would go about patching it.

thankx

2. KayWeezy

KayWeezy Member

U do need to patch it first using Image Patcher which is the easiest to use and then u just burn the image wit is now patched to a disk.

3. Evo_D

Evo_D Member

where can i get Image Patcher?

when i do patch the iso, can i just use Nero to burn it or do i need to do anything else?

4. wargamer

wargamer Guest

Yo, hold it. There's no patches for games at Gamecopyworld website none, there are only a games that need patches. I have got Swapmagic 3.0 with slide tool, it loads most games without any patch for 'em. But only if the game protection is nothing other than 'libcrypt' which I've found most of the PS2 games have.

But some new games are coming out with a new prick called 'FADE' i heard. Any game with one will definatly need to be patched!.

I successfuly play most of my games which are backups, using DVD Decrypter to of course. I think its better to use for PS2 DVDs, and i use TDK DVD+Rs.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2004
  5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

The image patcher is only needed if it has online capablilities and you want to get online with the backup.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 107, ritek g04
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004