1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pause problem in coppied dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by alesix, Jan 16, 2005.

1. alesix

alesix Member

when i copy one of my dvds and play it back it will pause for a second or two several times during playback. this can become very distracting as it happens at critical times during the movie. problem happens using dvd x copy platinum and dvd fab platinum. anything i can do so movie copy and play without this pausing problem?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Playback problems are ususally from poor quality blank media. Could also be caused by use of stick on labels, burning too fast(over 4x), or a fragmented HD. What brand blank media are you using?

Jerry

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

are you doing a full disc backup or just a movie Backup. If your doing a full backup the compression might be to low and the quilty isnt good enough. Could be your burrning at to high of speed. Burn 4x or lower. Could be the media your using.

4. alesix

alesix Member

useing memorex dvd-r blank media

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey alesix, get rid of those memorex. Memorex is not a brand to use,many different manufacturers and most of them are on the poor quality side. High quality media solves a lot of issues,mainly the stand alone playability.

Problems with low quality media on stand alone players:
    1) freezing
    2)pixellating
    3)skipping-jumping
    4)audio trouble
    5)no disc inserted error, the media sucks so bad,your stand alone player won't even recognize it.
    6)many more problems too numerous to mention

I am not sure if you can burn both formats but your stand alone player is telling you that there is something wrong with that disc.

Try slowing it down,probably 1x with those memorex.

Since you said they were -,try some maxell -4x yellow tops,tdk,or maybe fuji. Preferably something that was made in Japan.Just look at the wrapper.Japan makes the best quality. If buying on net,get some ty's.

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I kind of thought they would be Memorex blanks. We see more and more of those causing a bunch of trouble. Changing to a better brand of media should fix the problem.

Jerry