1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pauses in film

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by darrenm38, Jan 28, 2005.

1. darrenm38

darrenm38 Guest

im having a simalar problem as durnberg super quality film burnt ok nero ,media tdk dvd-r , speed of burn 2x,its a good quality , but the film keeps stopping & starting alway through till it froze completely, any sugestions would be help full,

thanks daz38

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

How do you know it's good quality? Have you run a crc read error check on the dvd? If not, then you really don't know whether it's good quality or not.

3. darrenm38

darrenm38 Guest

what i ment by super quality was that the film picture is of good quality .

4. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Well, my point remains. Just because the picture quality is good doesn't mean you got an error free burn.

So, I ask again: have you run a crc read error check on the dvd? That will tell you if the pauses are due to crc read errors, and give you an idea of how bad they are.

5. SSEsses

SSEsses Member

I've been having the same problem as well. It started about the time that I installed XP SP2.
    I am not blaming it on sp2 but that is when it all started.
    I have been making copies for some time now and never had a problem(100+). I have been using Memorex and Sony Media.
    I have been using xcopy and shrink. I have been using them programs on all 3 Machines and now they all don't work.

6. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Are you asking for help? If so, do you have any idea how uninformative "now they all don't work" is?

Lot's of reasons why they may not work:

1. You used the caddy as a coffee cup holder, and it broke off.

Okay, I'm just having some fun with my morning cup of coffee. But seriously, what do you mean by "won't work?" Won't work [bold]at all[/bold]? The initial poster (btw, you are close to hijacking a thread here, if you know what I mean) at least gets it to work, just not completely.

If you want help, be more specific.

7. SSEsses

SSEsses Member

Ok! You got me there, that was sort of uninformative!
    What I was trying to say was that whenever I'm making a Copy these days they all seem to freeze up toward the middle of the Movie, regardless of the PC I'm using.

8. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

ssesses

Without further info, the obvious thought is to check the media for crc errors.

Am I understand you correctly that:

1. This happens while burning, not playing?

2. You've tried burning on multiple pc's, thus with more than one brand of dvd burner (maybe)?

3. This is happening with varied -- any and all -- dvds you try to copy, and not just a particular or (or two)?

9. SSEsses

SSEsses Member

Most all of the Movies are freezing while playing them back.
    Other than my Laptop I'm using Sony DVD Burners.
    I have never had that problem before; the only thing that has changed is the quantity of DVD media that I'm buying.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

ssesses, I've had that happen before. It starts out fine, half way through it starts skipping and jumping all over the place, then at the end it'll get worse and worse until finally it just freezes, right? If this is your situation then it's probably a compatibility issue between your DVD player and your discs. Can't really blame it on one or the other, just the combination of the two. Try changing either the media or the player. I hope that helped.

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I have a question for the two with problems while playing your DVD's. Do you have label's on your DVD's?

If not then the problem is more than likely poor media (brand) pay a little more and get some good media like Taiyo Yuden's for example.

12. SSEsses

SSEsses Member

squizzle! I wished it was that easy but that is not the case here. I have been using this combination for some time now and have had no problems as mentioned I have over 100 copies that are fine, it all of a sudden went south.

bbmayo! I know where you are going with the Labels but again, that is not the problem. I wished it was!

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If nothing has changed? Then the problem has to lie in your media. That is if nothing for sure has changed and you had good copies before. Remember just because you bought the same name brand media dosent mean the same company manufactured each disk.. So if you arent buying quality media which you arent (memorex) then you can exspect these problems to continue until you are willing to buy some quality media like Taiyo Yuden.

14. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Yeah, I've had bad batches of media before. It sucks, but what are you gonna do?

15. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

Just a thought it could be a read problem my sony rom drive does not like D5 media has no problems with D9 media,never errors out dvd just freezes during play back. I put labels on all my media and have never had a problem. But i do us Verbatium and Tiyo Yuden media. cheap media will drive you bats drop the bucks get quality media.

Good Luck

Spacedust

16. rnaval

rnaval Member

Darrenm38,

Did you resolve your issue with freezing? I'm having the same problem and need to know how to fix this.

Thanks...RN