1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pay for Modding?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by discoboy, May 7, 2007.

1. discoboy

discoboy Member

The local shops here will mod my PSP currently running v3.11 to permit it to play from the pro duo card for HKD200. Do you think this is worth it?

2. kevlarpro

kevlarpro Member

nah dude, you can do it yourself easily with the right instructions. its better to do it yourself cuz you dont have to worry about anyone tampering with your system and you can make your own decicsions.

3. silentdan

silentdan Member

you said 3.11? I dont think you can currently modify that version,only 3.03 and below are downgradable.

4. discoboy

discoboy Member

That's what I thought but he was insistent. Anyway I am concerned about bricking it if I do it myself.

5. Blahs

Blahs Member

I'd also be concerned about doing it myself, but i'd be more concerned about a shop clerk spewing that he can mod a psp with FW 3.11...

stay away! stay far away!!!

6. kevlarpro

kevlarpro Member

you only brick your psp when you flash. you flash when you downgrade and upgrade to firmware, so basically, there are only 2 chances for you to brick. and i hear that it's very rare to hit those chances. also, i've heard that the more you flash your psp, the greater the chance of you bricking it. so as long as you keep your psp from constantly upgrading firmwares, you'll be good.

and i thought that they were able to downgrade from 3.10 now? i dunno. thats just what i thought

7. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

what the guy will do is probably change your motherboard. How much is he charging you. if it's not outrageous, you can consider it. It's NOT a easy doozy procedure like, say, changing the faceplate. But it can be done.

8. discoboy

discoboy Member

HKD200.

9. Memnock

Memnock Active member

The only way to mod a 3.11 right now is with a mod chip or possibly change the motherboard as stated earlier. 3.03 is as high as you can soft downgrade.

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  10. discoboy

discoboy Member

Thanks that's as much as I have gleamed from other threads. The switching motherboards is news to me.

11. Pav_01

Pav_01 Member

Does anyone know places in Melbourne (Australia) that install and supply mod chips?