1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paypal Ebay Questions!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by miltonap, Apr 30, 2007.

1. miltonap

miltonap Member

Hey, I recently decided I was gonna shop for a PS3 on Ebay, but I can't do a lot of the great deals because they require Paypal. So, in order to get around this I just decided to make my own Paypal account for online purposes (what I clicked on). However, I've never used this type of service therefore I'm kind of confused with all the stuff it says. I have a few questions. I was looking around to see how I put deposit money into my account and I guess you can deposit some from you real bank account adding your route number, etc.? If I already have a bank account can I do all of the transactions to the seller from my home? Let's say the seller tries to rip me off for a PS3 and I end up not receiving an item with my money already sent. Is there anyway Paypal can do something about it? Hey, thanks for your time. I would be helpful to get these things straight first

2. Alopex

Alopex Member

Read this..
    PayPal - how does it work?

That should answer all the questions you may have. If you want my opinion, PayPal is great.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  3. miltonap

miltonap Member

alright, I read all the stuff but I'm still confused about one thing. Let's say I sell something and someone pays me using paypal. Supposedly the funds appear in my account like usual but can I only use that money I got through Paypal with more Paypal stuff? Or is it like normal money where I can just deposit the money I just got into my real account and use it on anything with cash. Because I really don't want to get money later on having to use it buying other things through Paypal without being able to actually use it as real money for anything other than buying things online. You guys understand what I'm saying?

4. Alopex

Alopex Member

You can transfer money back to your bank account from paypal just as easily as you can transfer money from paypal for your bank account.

5. miltonap

miltonap Member

so lets say I transfer 250 to paypal from my bank account without transferring anything after that to my bank account. When I go to the bank will it say my balance is $0 since all the money is in my paypal account? Or does it share that money with the bank? Would it be better to just transfer the money to Paypal after I win an auction if this is the case?

6. muskrat68

muskrat68 Member

If you are paying for an auction using paypal there is no reason to transfer any money to your paypal account. You just link your Debit/Credit card to your account or you can directly link your bank account to your paypal account. Once you go in to pay for an item it will pull the funds from the location you specify (debit/credit card, bank account)instantly and send the payment to the seller. I agree with the post above, paypal is awesome, i even have a paypal debit card that allows me instant access to my money when i'm paid for an item through paypal. The only setback to paypal is when you transfer funds from your paypal account to your bank account it usually takes 2 days to get the money to show up. Thats why i got the Paypal Debit card, its free and its offered on paypal website.

7. Alopex

Alopex Member

I think rather than asking us all these questions, you should sign up for a free account and have a poke around what it offers you. You don't have to add any bank detials to your account when you sign up and you can delete your account if you don't want it anymore.