1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC and ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by jason1529, May 23, 2007.

1. jason1529

jason1529 Member

Is it possible to link the ps2 and computer so i can use ps2 roms
    on the ps2 console.

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

You mean using the PC HDD for the PS2? If you have a hard drive that can connect to the PS2 and is also compatible with your computer then yes.

3. jason1529

jason1529 Member

yes and i also mean ps2 roms that i have in my computer

4. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Like PS2 games or ROMs for different systems?

I do not know if it is possible to use your computer's HDD as an HDD for the PS2.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

You can install a PC hard drive (internal IDE) into your PS2 if you have a fat model. All you need is the network adapter and a compatible hard drive.
    You can also set up an FTP server on the PC and PS2 to be able to transfer files back and forth between them. Using either a wireless adapter and router, or a CAT5 crossover cable.

As far as playing roms over an FTP connection i am not sure that would work. But they have PS2 emulator discs around for some of the older game systems like NES SNES and others that you just burn to DVD and play from DVD. Like with my Xbox i can play music, movies and internet radio over my FTP connection, but not games. Luckily the Xbox has more emulators and roms you can get and play from the hard drive then any one person could ever want.

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  6. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

No there is no way to play PS2 games streamed from your PC to your PS2 over a network. You can however load games to an IDE HDD you have in your PS2 from ISO's on your PC's HDD then play them from your PS2's HDD directly. This takes several hours some times though.

7. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Yea Xbox really owns PS2 in homebrew... :(

8. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

Not really, only in the emu department does the Xbox stand out.