1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC DVD cant read russian movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sasha1303, Jan 25, 2005.

1. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

hi , i have a Sony DVD drive in my PC i want to backup a russian movie on my dads computer he has laptop with a dvd drive it plays and burns on his PC (He uses CloneDVD) but in my PC it doesnt play or burn i tried sevral russia movies but wont play i use DVDX copy it works nicely with english DVD's real nice quitlity but when i put in a russian movie it cant read the disc? should i change my drives settings or download a soft for it or somthing.

Please note in reply no i dont know what models they are or anything like that about the drives and yes i am doing this legegaly all i want to do is back them up cuase im not a very carful person.(i broke 10 disc in 5 days thats alot of bad luck)

Please Help

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

They are probably in PAL format just as all European video are--unlike the US which is in a different format NTSB I think

3. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

um....that wasnt realy helpful , no offense but this is Forums pl that need help type here , and that waz no help thta waz what u thought , but im asking maybe for a link to a site that maybe i could download a progarm that will enable this

4. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

oh and btw its NTSC

5. bardie

bardie Regular member

DVD-lab Pro will convert your PAL to NTSC

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  6. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

1-finding drive models is simple, go to my computer, right click any of your drives, go to hard ware, it will list all installed discs/optical drives

2-NTSC/PAL shouldnt apply to computer monitors, only tvs. The problem you will get though is region settings (only get 4 changes to a rom). Download DVD43/AnyDVD and run that while you open movie, it will make it region free. Or for a paermanant fix find a hacked firmware for your drive (follow the instructions)

3-Try dvd decrypter to rip to hard drive and shrink to burn, there free and better than xcopy imho

4-Once youv ripped to hard drive you will need to encode from pal to ntsc or vice versa only if your tv cant switch between pal/ntsc. some can some cant