1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pc emulator for 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by owainlfc, Apr 17, 2007.

1. owainlfc

owainlfc Member

is there or will there be any 360 emulators for the pc?

2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

maby 100 years from now when we have computers of unimaginable power. but right now xbox 360 is more powerfull than most home computer and would be imposable to emulate

3. Arkadiy

Arkadiy Guest

Tell ya the truth the 360 isn't that much more powerful. It's just all the software coding and stuff is what makes it hard....otherwise I could probably run a 360 emulator easily.

4. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

Actually, from what I know, you need a system at least 10 times more powerful to be able to actually run the emulator efficiently.

5. Arkadiy

Arkadiy Guest

I'm saying for Comp-to-360 specs. I have more ram, a good enough CPU to play the games, and a video card that would work good too.

6. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

but that doesnt matter. you would still have to emulate a tri core 3.2ghz processor with your computer wich is probably a dual core. you computer is underpowered compared to the 360. you ram and video card might be able to handle it but your processor cant

7. Arkadiy

Arkadiy Guest

True, I got a dual core 3.3ghz but the 360 doesn't fully use the CPU power as of right now. And I know quite a few people with quad-cores.

8. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

ya but you still need to emulate the processer completly. just because not all games use the entire processor doesnt mean you can emulate the games. also you would still need more than a quad core. think ibm blue gene. that would be able to emulate fairly easily.

9. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

there shall be no xbox 360 emus for PC until your kids have forgotten what an xbox 360 is, it just wont happen, we still dont even have a good working xbox emu. i am sure your friends have nice PCs but they couldnt imagine to compare to an x-box 360. i have a pretty nice pc and my 360 was FAR superior to my pc.

10. bazthegun

bazthegun Member

i have my pc(dual core amd 3800 and geforce 640mg 8800 gts and 2 gig of ram) as well as my xbox 360 (in hd on 50" sony bravia tv) and my pc beats the xbox for gaming power hands down so why even bother to make an emu when most decent games will appear on both and the pc version looks better anyway.

11. i1der

i1der Member

Do you know how stupid you sound asking such a thing... A Mod should close this tread and maybe delete it plz.
    Try to understand what is emulation first!

12. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

trust me...your pc doesnt even compare to your xbox

13. Arkadiy

Arkadiy Guest

My PC kills 360 graphics in every game I've seen. Also, go check out Crysis....

14. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

create xbox 360 emulator $0
    game to play $60
    buy a computer capable of running emulator $500,000
    finding out it would be cheaper to play with an actual xbox priceless

15. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

maybe graphics, but do you have THREE dual core processors? i seriously doubt it. its not just graphics buddy, you have to be able to emulate every aspect of a console to be able to emulate a single game for it. and why try and use and emu when you can buy the console at a reasonable price?

16. Arkadiy

Arkadiy Guest

I'm saying I can produce better graphics using my PC than a 360....

17. bazthegun

bazthegun Member

trust me..... my pc hammers my 360 into the ground without even warming up dude.

if you really think games like oblivian or need for speed carbon on the 360 even come close to the pc version then i can only assume you need a new pc dude.

make no mistake i would pick my pc for games over the 360 in a heartbaet.

bazza

ps
    i wonder what will be in my pc 18 months from now but i KNOW what will be in my 360 18 months from now!!

18. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I'm pretty new to the whole PC building/PC parts and emulation thing. But why is it Xbox so much more powerful than a PC, what a good dating PC cost at least $1500 to build why why does the Xbox 360 cost under $500? If it is that much cheaper how can it be so much better?

19. theridges

theridges Guest

Yea im Sure people with good PC's are just PC Game Fans....
    Lets be Serious the 360 Graphics and Power are not far behind A top of the line PC and thats only for $399...
    and that Kid with the 3800 X2 that Processor is weak compared to the 360 Processor and is only like 95 Bux now...
    processors inside the new systems function totally different than a normal pc's processor..
    But no a PC will not Emulate a 360 for a Very long time and thats if somebody even wants to put the hundreds of hours of work into it...
    http://www.ggl.com/news.php?NewsId=1692
    http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10229/Far-Cry-Instincts-PREDATOR-Xbox-360-vs-PC-Water-Comparison/
    http://www.joystiq.com/2006/02/02/oblivion-xbox-360-vs-pc/

Untill DX10 Comes out and video cards compatible with Using DX10 the 360 and PC are pretty much equal...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2007
  20. Arkadiy

Arkadiy Guest

Look at the graphics on a good PC game, they KILL yes KILL the 360 / PS3 graphics, you really need to see them side by side, you'll be amazed at the difference. And then google Far Cry, watch some of those videos