1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC games - shakey play, black blinking lines

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by uponthis, Feb 14, 2008.

1. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

XP sp2, PC Chips P17g, ATI X1300Pro(setting: 1280X1024), 1 gig, 250g IEDE Harddrive, latest java 6.3, directX9.0. I am getting shakey game play (no smooth motion) and blinking black lines throughout. WoW is not doing right, X-men2: AOA not playing smooth at all. Other than that, video's and other online activity is just fine. Monitor is a ctr '17 KDSusa. Someone help me to get my games playing the way they should??

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

have you checked game sites for patches & updates?

3. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

Got all the updates for WoW, X-Man2 and others i haven't checked. But here's the thing, before i got this motherboard (before X-mas) it was working fine EliteGroups KM7OS+ 1.3Ghz Duron processor, Ati 9250 Radeon, with 1 gig of ram and it all played fine, no updates cepf for the ATI card. I can try switching out the pci-e card i have in my vista and see if thats better. But i can search and see if there were any updates for the X-men2 game.

Is it possible to take trade out the ATI cards in each pc (one's a X1300 and the other is a ATI X1300Pro) and just switch them without having to reinstall drivers? I just did the recent ati catalyst drivers for both last night.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

You're getting artifacting which is instability with the graphics card. That can be caused by overheating, poor power deivery or poor data connection.
    Is the Elitegroup motherboard the new one? Elitegroup motherboards really are dire, so if that's what you've just got, I suggest you bin it and get a proper board. Even if that doesn't solve the problem you don't have to worry about it breaking in a matter of months time, as most ECS boards do.

If it's the graphics card you've changed though, sounds like you got a faulty card. Try shoving the other X1300 in, you shouldn't get any problems by doing that.

5. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

Switched card, and it's still doing the same thing, it isn't the cards then. The mother board is a PC Chips P17G, Intel Pentinum D 3.00Ghz on the processor.

I usually leave the side of the pc case off and the powersupply is rated 480watts i do believe.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

PC Chips boards are also bunk. Try a spare PSU if you can find one, but getting a proper motherboard's a start (MSI, Gigabyte, Asus etc.)

7. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

Ok, found my problem i do believe. Had to disable Peergaurdian and that took care of the lines. No problems after that.

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That's weird, I would never have thought of that. I'll bear that one in mind for next time!

9. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

It is. I do remember PG2 giving me other problems in the past. I don't know why i couldn't remember that. But games work fine now.
    Thanks.