1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC getting kicked off network everytime housemate turns on his Xbox One

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Albinoturtle, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Albinoturtle

Albinoturtle Newbie

Hi guys, cant find anything on the net about this so thought I would post here.

Every since my house mate moved in and brought his Xbox One with him, I seem to be getting kicked off the network. I can tell when he's asleep or not home because my connection is flawless. If I go and turn the router/modem off for ten seconds and turn it back on I get back on the network no worries but sometimes get kicked off later. I thought maybe his Xbox is using a static IP and so was my computer so we had conflicting addresses.

So far I have tried updating the firmware on it and setting myself with a static ip address of 192.168.0.9 following an online guide, setting the ip address, default gate way and dns servers as Iinets ones in the internet protocol 4 and this still doesn't fix the problem.

Its a Netgear modem router and I'm using a Belkin USB adapter.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I download using Usenet and I swear if I get disconnected it stuffs up my download in the end (missing packets)

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

I've had numerous modem/routers including connecting two routers togeather running comps & consoles including turning units on & off at will & nothing has been kicked ever.The only difference between me & you is all my connections are direct with a ether cable.Move the computer to near the modem if you don't have a long enough cable to test before spending money

Edit: check modem settings that it doesn't give the xbox priority for some reason

3. Albinoturtle

Albinoturtle Newbie

Thanks mate, I looked at the advanced settings on the router but couldn't see a priority option. Also would an Xbox One come up as an Android connection? That's all I could see minus my laptop when I hooked it up to the modem/router.

My drivers are up to date on my USB adapter as well, so will try frig around with the settings again.

Thanks again

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Don't know if it would appear as an android,would need to unplug 360 & see what happens.I would check to see if anyone is leeching your wifi

5. Nepheler

Nepheler Member

Any fix yet?

6. Albinoturtle

Albinoturtle Newbie

Negative. Works flawlessly when no one is home but the minute a couple of people start using the network I get kicked off again. Updated my wireless adapters drivers too.

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Makes me wonder if it's an interference issue & the xbox has a stronger signal that's too close in frequency range to the usb belkin