1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem PC HDMI does not detect HDTV

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by blue_82, Oct 26, 2014.

1. blue_82

blue_82 Newbie

I have a Sony Vaio All-In-One PC. VPCL135FX. My Tv is a Vizio HDTV, i believe its either 2013 or 2014 model. It has 3 HDMI ports.

It is not my HDMI cable because it works fine with my laptop, and my laptop detects my HDTV.
    My Video card drivers are up to date. I tried the (Windows) key and "P" to bring up my display options but that didn't work either.

My PC has been formated a few times, so i dont know if im missing a simple software update or what.
    TV will not detect my PC, it just says no signal. Like i said before, my laptop works fine with the TV just not my PC. My Display options does not detect another screen. I have both Windows 7 and Linux Mint 17 installed and both OS's dont detect additional displays.
    I've search different forums and i can't find an answer to my problem.

Please help, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what windows on the tower & what videocard? i presume you are using the same hdmi port that works for the laptop?

3. blue_82

blue_82 Newbie

It's Windows 7 Home Premium. Video Card is Nvidia GeForce GT 330M

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check in the bios settings to see what the video output is set to. check the sony site's faq to see if there is mention of this problem & maybe resolution as i think it is a settings issue not hardware unless the onboard video's hdmi port is dead.

5. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

dead or switched off :) .. my damn ATI sometimes detects my tv.. sometimes not.. seems random