1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC MightyMax

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by MedicFury, Oct 28, 2004.

1. MedicFury

MedicFury Member

I just downloaded this and did a scan, came up with 703 errors! Is this program trust worthy?

2. arlan13

arlan13 Guest

Medic...I just did a google search and found your post. I was looking for the same information. Did you learn anything else where or try PC MightyMax yet...Arlan

3. QuirkyOne

QuirkyOne Member

I too found this forum by trying to find out if this PC MightyMax thing was a trustworthy program. Mine found 1700+ errors, and then twenty minutes later revised that number to 2100+. Most of them are "invalid registry" path errors, and I had never encountered such things before.

I'm running Windows 95, and so it wouldn't surprise me if there are indeed thousands of "Medium severity issues" slowing me down, but I'm terrified to hit the "Fix Automatically" button because there are a few things that are feeding my mistrust in this program:
    - there is no "backup" option that I can select before I let the program do its dirty deeds
    - there's no way to turn off the darn thing!! It just keeps alerting me that there are problems, and revising the number of problems it finds!!

I've uninstalled it for now, but if there really are thousands of problems that, if cleared, could help my Old Beast get a little more spunky, I am willing to give it a shot. Although .. perhaps RegClean or something that has more user reviews might be a bit safer?

Here's hoping someone can enlighten us on whether this program is worth its salt.

4. zeringue

zeringue Member

I tried the program three days ago for the 7 day deal, and I've not been able to unlock the key they e-mailed me that enables the program to do fixes. With about four days left, and pretty much no response (cannned reply) on how to enable the program, I'm feeling that maybe (first time only for me in nearly 10 years on net) I've been had. Maybe the program works for someone out there, but from what I've seen there's not alot of support. I'll be asking that the people credit my account if they can't clue me in on how to get the program to work.

J. Zeringue

5. zeringue

zeringue Member

I've not been "had" after all, not from the people at PC MightyMax. I asked that they tell me how to enable program for my system, and if they couldn't do that, then issue a refund. They are crediting my credit card account. Unfortunately, the program wouldn't work on my system, but it looks as though it will do the job for some people.

If someone knows of another program that fixes registry problems, please let me know. When I try to uninstall a ScanSoft program, I get message "Missing c:/windows\system\comct132.DLL file" when I reboot, and I have to reinstall Windows and restore all files.

6. tmundie

tmundie Guest

I am having trouble getting answers from MightyMax support. The program does not repair errors it says I have even though the program says the errors have been repaired. They come right back. Every time I ask for help from support, they tell me to download the latest version of MightyMax, which I already have. My virus and spyware/adware scans show no problems. I hope they will respond soon with some positive help or I am going to ask for a full refund.

7. lesat74

lesat74 Guest

I was all set to buy an activation code when I got to a page asking me for my mother's maiden name, date of birth, eye colour etc. With this info anybody's got a good chance of passing my credit card company's security checks and, once in, changing my passwords, mailing address and so on. Any company asking for this info must be suspect.

8. viktorjon

viktorjon Guest

I have resently installed MightyMax on my PC. The program found 679 broken links to mend, and i lost my PRINTER!!!!. I had to do a system-reinstallment from last securetybackup 03/27/05 and the MightyMax can't be removed. I have tried everything, but MightyMax is stuck where it is. I have tried to get in contact from Norway to the suppliers, but they do not respond to my E-mails. The program has also severed my link to BBC-programmes on RealPlayer plus. Stay clear of this program. You might rather throw Your money out of the window

9. kowww

kowww Member

Thank you all for warning me of this program. I was thinkng about ordering this program as I am getting lazy in my old age. I have always fixed my own problems on computers ( with a little reading )and will continue to do so. Thank you all again.

10. astron1

astron1 Guest

thanks

11. Hans-DK

Hans-DK Member

[bold] A quick test of MightyMax PC Checker by Hans DK[/bold]
    I tried the error finding part of the MightyMax and got more than 1500 faults ?? I did a full Stop.!
    After having run the Window Systems Checker for Win 98 from Norton Utilities - a program that I know and have been using for several years, I found 28 problems - all corrected in 3 minutes.
    I did not have problems uninstalling MightyMax using standard Windows remove programs.
    I think the designers of the MightyMax might be underevaluating the users knowledge of PC system software - or Windows ability to run with minor errors in the system. A program that find more than 1500 errors in a system that simply runs with no know erros can't be true in any way.
    I will NOT recommend the program.
    Hans DK

12. delrog

delrog Member

pc mighty max is garbage

13. geoffco

geoffco Member

I would strongly advise staying away from PCMighty Max.
    I use XP SP1. Before running Mighty Max. I had previously run
    Norton WinDoctor, Windows Registry Repair Pro, Easy clean and the most powerful of them all JV16 Power Tools, so I was darned certain my system was squeaky clean.
    I installed MightyMax and ran it. It claimed I had 153 errors some of which I knew my JV16 Power Tool had already removed. I was so much in disbelief that I DID NOT let it repair anything. Despite this the next time I booted up it booted strangely enough into the windows registry. If I closed the registry down I was left with a blank desk top. If it weren't for "GoBack", a program I could not live without, it would have meant a trip to the technicians. I believe GoBack is still available via Symantec (it used to be "Roxio") it has saved my sanity hundreds of times. I can't praise it enough. The deluxe version which I have, lets you return your system to almost any previous time as far back as four or five days sometimes. GIVE THIS ONE A WIDE BERTH......

14. x00614

x00614 Member

Thanks to everyone for your input. If it sounds to good to be true, 99.99% of the time it isn't true, that why i was searching for information on PC MightyMax.Thanks to everyone for your input. PC MightyMax is not for me.

Galaxy2