1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pc noisy

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by x-boxer, Mar 14, 2005.

1. x-boxer

x-boxer Member

Hi there i apologise now if this has already been covered and if it has please point me in the right direction but i have just had my pc upgraded by a friend
    i belive i have a amd athlon 2200+ 256ram 60 gig hdd
    it is so noisy it has three fans one in the power pack, one right on top of the processor and one on the side of the box i cant leave it on at night and i cant watch a dvd from it as the fans are so loud is there any way i cab make them quite the pc i use at work is silent is there a reason for this
    cheers
    si.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

are they noisy all the time or more so when 1st powering up. disconnect the side fan to see if quieter & also unmount that fan but still plugged in to see if any difference in noise levels. could replace the fans with more silent ones or mount the side fan on rubber pads to reduce vibrations

3. x-boxer

x-boxer Member

They are noisy all the time from the moment you switch pc on i will disconnect the side fan tonight when i switch it off and see if quiter i think it is the side fan more than the others if so can i leave it disconnected or do i need to have one can you buy silent ones!
    cheers
    si.

4. x-boxer

x-boxer Member

Wow just took the side of the pc found that all three fans are noisy in there own way but the one on the processor i think is the noiseiest and the one on the case is just resinating threw the box
    i just dont understand how you can by a pc from the shop and it be almost silent am i running a fast set up or somthing that is going to run hotter than normal

si.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

a little thing called profit, the quieter the fan the more expensive it is, the less profit in the system they get