1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Reboots durring video encoding

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Kams, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Kams

Kams Member

I also went into Control panel - system - startup & recovery settings and unchecked "automatically restart", the PC still reboots after that.
    When I looked in Event Log, I found the following error messages

source: service control manager
    The IMAPI CD-Burning COM service entered the stopped state

source: service control manager
    The computer browser service entered the stopped state

Source: DCOM
    unable to start and DCOM server
    the system cannot find the file specified
    happened while starting this command
    "C\WINDOWS\system32\LVComsX.exe"-embedding

Has anyone been having similar problems, does anyone know what they mean?

Can some please tell me how can I fix this rebooting and freezing problem.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I have no clue what to suggest now, short of a format c: I have never seen the messages that you are getting. I woud suggest trying another burner, but you also get an error while encoding. Frustrating for you, and frustrating for me, because I can't help. :(

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I must admit a flatten sounds like it is due.

4. Divinus

Divinus Guest

If you've already slapped a new copy of Windows on your PC and are getting the same errors, the only thing that comes to my mind is the Power Supply.

I've had weird random reboots, things crashing or quitting for no reason, freezes, etc... All because I was overdrawing the power supply. It seems like something small and irrelevant, but those darn things can cause more problems than most people think.

I'm not saying it's the problem but I suppose it can't hurt to check?

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

That is a very valid point. My mate had lots of crashing probs, turned out it was his power supply. It is amazing what I forget!!

6. Kams

Kams Member

I think the power supply might be causing the problem, as I've tried everything else and couldn't find a solution. Can someone please tell me what I should do.

7. Divinus

Divinus Guest

First of all, what brand is your power supply and how many watts is it rated at?

Secondly, you can download a program called motherboard monitor, install it and it'll let you view the voltages of your PSU (Power Supply Unit) rails. Although it's almost always off, it should show a significant problem.

8. Kams

Kams Member

The brand is Antec and it's 350W

9. Kams

Kams Member

I've got motherboard moniter installed, it shows the CPU temp, however the case temp moniter does not work becouse it always shows 25C, even if the case is open.

I've recently installed a Thermal Take Silent Tower CPU cooler which has heatsink/heatpipes/90mm fan at 2500rpm.

I've got 3 80mm fans installed running between 2300rpm - 2700rpm. 1 fan at the back (2600-2700rpm) blowing air out and 2 in the front (2300-2400rpm) blowing air in.

10. pulsar

pulsar Active member

350W doesn't really sound powerful enough. I have a 550W PSU. Modern systems can use a lot of power. My mate had a 350 in his, it did not last very long though! I would recommend considering an upgrade. I know it's a pain, but there you go!

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i'm running 300watts on my system with no problems, specs: p4-2.4 celeron c, 256meg ddr pc2700, 80 gig maxtor ide hd, ecs p4vxasd2+, lg dvd rom, lg 53x32x52 cd writer & total of 9 fans in system.
    pulsar, i can see why you have a big psu from what is in your sig

12. Divinus

Divinus Guest

I have no case fans at all and a Sparkle 300 Watt and I have no trouble.

I don't think it's his power supply if it's an Antec. I really dunno what it is then. Check your rail voltages and see if any of them are lacking in the 3.3v and 5v area.