1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC reboots when using DVD shrink and Burning

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Kams, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Kams

Kams Member

When I use DVD shrink to Open the disk and use back up, my PC just reboots after about 5 or 10 minutes.

Has anyone else had the same problem and does anyone know how I can stop this from happening.

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

3. Kams

Kams Member

I thought it might have something to do with the CPU as well. I recently installed the Thermal Take Silent Tower CPU cooler with heat pipes on my P4 3.2 FSB800 CPU. I thought this should have been a decent enough CPU cooler to stop this sort of thing from happening. After the PC reboots, I've checked the CPU temp on the CMOS Set up screen and it reads around 50C. Is that sort of temp too high? and do I need to adjust anything?

I've also got 2 Corsair TWINX 1024-3200 memory modules with heat sink and 2 silent case fans installed.

4. Veblin

Veblin Active member

I am no expert on CPU Cooling. I don't know what temperatures are acceptable, but you should be able to search the Internet and find that information. The temperature after it reboots doesn't really tell you much. You need to monitor the temperature while it is encoding and see what it goes to right before it reboots.

Silent and encoding are two words that do not go well together.

Is there thermal compound properly applied to the CPU so that it transmits the heat to the heat sink?
    It sounds like you have a good CPU cooler but it needs to be installed correctly. Even then it may be working but you may not have enough air flow in your case for it to properly remove the heat. You might open the case and use an external fan to test if getting more air flow would solve the problem.

The Official Cooling Thread!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/81431

5. Kams

Kams Member

Thanks for the advice.