1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Restarting when playing games...

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by LDee, Jul 3, 2007.

1. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

LDee, do you have another videocard to try to see if it is a videocard is causing the problem or not?

2. LDee

LDee Regular member

I don't have one that would run the games that is making the system crash. Maybe I can borrow one from someone, bit of a headache though, if that's my only line of inquiry at the moment I suppose I'll have to.

3. munx

munx Regular member

Maybe this isnt relevant, but one time i forgot to connect the powercable to the graphics card and the game would run for like 3 minutes and crash.

4. j0nny

j0nny Guest

Ok here goes...

Ive got my new hard drives come through (finally!).

They seem to work fine and the problem with restarting in game had remain, but since i installed the intel chipset drivers i never had the problem since.

So for others I would look into chipset drivers for your mobo/graphics via the manufacturers website as mine seems to be happy and stable.

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Pretty much every computer problem ever was caused by graphics drivers lol you'd be amazed.

6. LDee

LDee Regular member

Good to hear you stopped the problem j0nny.

I've already updated the drivers to the latest from nvidia but it was still happening. I've just updated the chipset and bios (which is different now and I'm having trouble oc'ing it like before, damn) so I'll let you know if it keeps happening or not.

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Which board do you use? I generally avoid using BIOS updates (As in I've yet to ever use one) because unless there's a serious issue, you're usually creating more problems.

8. LDee

LDee Regular member

The board is a gigabyte 965p-ds3. I was on the F7 bios, but now I'm on the F12. Now I can't find the settings for manually setting the ram timings, there is some warning about the ram voltage not being optomized when overclocking the cpu so I've ended up with an oc'ed cpu and and underclocked ram as far as I can tell. cpu is e6400 @ 3 ghz, ram is ddr800 at just over 700mhz I think.

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That sounds alright, good choice of board by the way.