1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pc shut down problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by albacore, Aug 11, 2007.

1. albacore

albacore Member

my pc suddenly shuts down while playing games. this began about a month ago. after an hour or so of game play it would turn off. when i restart there is no message during bootup that windows had shut down incorrectly. now it's after about 10 - 15 minutes everytime. i have downloaded the latest video drivers. i have tried playing from a clean boot. neither worked. this is happening on every game that i have tried. it only happens while gaming. bios tells me that my cpu temp is under 40 geg c. ntune tells me that my gpus are around 60 deg c.i have a 2 year old pc club rig. athalon 64 3500,1 gig pc 3200 ram, 2- evga 7600gt gpus in sli,win xp home, gigabyte ga-k8n pro-sli mobo, 500 watt allied ps. i opened the case and it is clean inside, all fans are running. someone suggested an overheating problem. i think it's the ps. i don't have access to another so without buying a new ps i have no way to test. this system has worked great for 2 years until now. when i bought the system it came with 2-6600gt. last year 1 gpu died so i upgraded to 2-7600 gt through evga. pc club assured me that the 500 watt ps would be enough. that's with 2 6600gts. i have been running the 7600gt for over 9 months.any thoughts?

2. albacore

albacore Member