1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC shutdown when burning with nero.

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mealman, Apr 1, 2007.

1. mealman

mealman Member

Desperate for HELP...
    I have installed Nero from an original disc (6.someting OEM suite) and when i try to burn, no matter what film or speed setting it is, it shuts down my PC and gives me a blue screen with loads of numbers.
    I have also seen a message that there is a driver/program problem that is telling it to stop???
    Can anyone HELP please? I have been converting and burning to disc for the last year or so but now iam getting this problem.

Mealman

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi mealman
    That error message you get would be quite helpful - could help identify which driver is causing the conflict.

So what's changed pc wise since this problem started?

You can give this a go in the mean time - do a clean install of Nero, uninstall Nero - run the clean tool, reboot then run a registry cleaner like the free ccleaner. Use the issues and cleaner options.
    Now install Nero again.
    Use this version of Nero 6 - package 1 & 2 for the clean install - link.
    Link for the clean tool - link

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  3. mealman

mealman Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I have recently had my PC back from a local shop where it was wiped clean and windows reinstalled. (this is because it needed a fresh start) The PC is working fine with no probs. So i installed Nero as normal and DVDclone, any DVD etc (all stuff which was on the PC originally). Now every time i burn a film it just stops and shuts the PC down with that blue screen.

Mealman

4. mealman

mealman Member

I have just tried it again and it has done the same thing and the message on the blue screen is telling me "PFN list corrupt. Beginning dump of physical memory"

Any help please?

Mealman

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Ok you may just need to take it back to the shop.
    The error is caused by bad memory or a bad driver.

Did they install any new ram?
    You can run a memory test and see how it checks out. Here's a free one - memtest.
    No errors should be found - if it finds some then there's your cause.

Next you can try uninstalling everything you installed since getting it back and just leave Nero.See if Nero will work then.
    If it does then one of those is the culprit - this is may be a little harder to find.
    Redownload the programs if you can and start reinstalling one by one.