1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pc shuts down

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by antonio11, Jan 24, 2007.

1. antonio11

antonio11 Regular member

my pc shuts down itself but not everything is shut down. the light stays on for as long as i dont press the on button and some other stuff inside stays on but the pc acts as if it was off
    after I restart the pc this comes up

The system has recovered from a serious error.
    Alog of this error has been created.
    form more info about this error click here.

Error signature
    BCCode : 3f BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 000E10D3 BCP3 : 00040094
    BCP4 : 0000D48E OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

technical info
    the following will be included in the error report
    C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERb4ad.dir00\Mini012407-05.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERb4ad.dir00\sysdata.xml

Ive benn having his problem for a long time but couldnt find the solution, but today i found this error report and thought that maybe someone her knows about it.
    help me

2. antonio11

antonio11 Regular member

it just happened again. it seems that only the light and fans stay on after the comp shut down

3. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Systems that shut down by themselves without you actually doing it, could be caused by overheating, bad system drivers, a bad motherboard (BIOS related or physical)..or a bad power supply unit.

You're going to have to do some trial and error to find out which component is causing the issue. Start off by testing the PSU in another PC if you can...then if it passes it might be an overheating issue with the CPU or the motherboard may be going bad. I've had this issue with this machine here if there's any sudden power outages where the system will come back but only the power light is on. I have to recycle the PSU by turning it completely off and waiting 5 minutes. The actual problem with my machine, is a really picky motherboard BIOS issue, and not the PSU.