1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC to Digital Cable box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by xRichManx, Oct 1, 2004.

1. xRichManx

xRichManx Member

Are there any special mods/hacks of that sort I can do on my Digital Cable box (My cable company is Comcast, so it supports "On Demand").

No, i'm not trying to do anything illegal. I was thinking of a way to transmit video from my tv to the box.

2. williej

williej Regular member

I can tell you how to go from your Box to your PC, but not reverse ... but for getting the signal to your pc ... all you need a 1.5ghz splitter ... off the box ... split it to your tv and your pc ... and get a tv capture card and you are set. only one drawback ... you have to watch the show you are taping on your tv AND pc.

3. sc0tt1e

sc0tt1e Member

Hooking up a German Dbox2 to a network can provide all sorts of possibilities. You can stream record from the box to your pc. You can play back mp3's from the pc to the dbox (the dbox has an optical output on the back for sound - handy for home theatre systems) It can also play back videos (if they are in the correct format) from the pc.