1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pc to ps2 lan game install

Discussion in 'PS2' started by evilcow, Apr 23, 2005.

1. evilcow

evilcow Member

hi, i'm trying to install games on the ps2 hard drive using a lan with my pc, i used hdl dumb server on the ps2 to make a ip link and it works fine, the problem is the speed, i put a dvd on the pc and the install speed was about 1.5mbits/s, then i tried with a iso image from the pc hard drive and the speed dropped to 0.7mbits/s, it takes about 100 minutes to install a game, just boring... i've tried hdl dumb 0.8 and 0.73, anyone knows how to speed this up ?

2. evilcow

evilcow Member

anyone ?

3. sitchey

sitchey Member

hi how did you get the dumb server to run, I am having problems running it off my memroy card. I uploaded the .elf to my memory card via ftp and configured my KL.DAT to find the program, but i cant gte it to run

4. evilcow

evilcow Member

well, i didn't put it on the mc, i record it to a dvd, i used a image file "ps2 - aplications (hd loader, hd advance, media player).rar" from emule, it's a program boot cd image and i convert it to dvd, cd should work as well. i copyied the .elf and edit the msystem file, nothing more. it works but very slow, don't know why...

5. sitchey

sitchey Member

Hi
    dont know if its any use to you but i had Faplink running off my memory card and windows and i was able to install games over the LAN