1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC to TV connection

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by jamo1, Jan 29, 2007.

1. jamo1

jamo1 Member

When connecting PC to TV and it works, how do you get your pc display to be on both the pc monitor and the tv rather than a scroll over and drag mouse process? Having the display on Just the TV is what im trying to do or both displaying the same thing would be fine...Thanks for the help in advance!!!

2. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

to get just the tv to be the display right click the desktop click properties then go to the right most tab and click advanced. now click your videocard tap and go to display or select device and if you've got it connect you should be able to chose the tv as a single display or if you want it to come up on both screens then you could click clone display. i dono if all gfx cards support this though you can see if its there or not.

3. jamo1

jamo1 Member

Thanks for the help....I was able to do all of that after I had to download a driver update for the video on my hp. It opened up the advanced windows behind the monitor tab. It doesnt give me the option to clone tho which sucks but oh well as long as its on the tv thats all that matters.

4. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

np, glad it worked out for ya