1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC to TV converter

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by icehand, Feb 21, 2008.

1. icehand

icehand Member

Ok, my problem is that I'm trying to connect my Dell Inspiron 1100 to my TV using a GrandTec Pc to Tv converter. So far all I'm getting is test lines and nothing more. I watched a video on youtube(I know they have everything), and I saw a guy do something in a menu that I couldn't make out, but then the picture from the pc show'd up on his tv. I know all about the display setting them, but I don't have that option on my labtop. So I'm wondering is there some setting I should be enabling to get the picture to show up on my tv.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bYKDPvmJMk

here's the video, I have the same thing as this guy.

2. Gibber1

Gibber1 Member

You have to get the Laptop to recognize that the PC to TV converter is installed. Does the converter have software or drivers to install? Also make sure the VGA output on your laptop actually works, using an external monitor.

3. icehand

icehand Member

ALL I had to do was hit the "Function" key and "F8" to get it to work. It's fine now.