1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pc to tv

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by xbill, Jul 5, 2018.

1. xbill

xbill Regular member

trying to connect using hdmi,it dos not detect tv,but when i use vga it stell dos not detect the tv,but i can extend it and it works but. picture not good but,i want to use hdmi for good pic.t tv is samsung 10 yers old. when try it the tv gos green and flickers.it worked 2 times but now if i go to settings it wont even open unless i un plug the hdmi.i hope yo can help on this ps i hope ia m in the right forum. xbill

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Best thing to do is use another device that has hdmi to check port on tv is working correctly would pay to use or borrow a known working hdmi cable or try your cable on someone elses tv. The fact it won't work properly on vga seems odd. Could try messing with tv settings & or graphic card settings. perhaps update drivers for graphic card & maybe check for newer firmware for tv to update it if it has a usb port

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I've been using a 32 inch TV as a monitor now for about 10 years or so, I even use my TV for builds. From my experience the vga connection isn't really worth it because the quality isn't all that great. The best bet as scoroNZ mentioned, is to use Hdmi. If your graphics card has an Hdmi out the all you will need is the cable but if not then get a DVI-D to Hdmi adapter (less than $10) and then attach it to your TV with an Hdmi cable. Once you have them attached boot the computer, then use to use your TV remote to switch to the input where you have your computer connected to your TV. Take notice, that if you don't switch to the right input on your TV you will get nothing. Did you try switching the input on your remote when you attempted to use VGA? If not try it and it will probably work, but you're still better off going to the DVI-D to Hdmi adapter.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DVI-D-24...6933&wl11=online&wl12=344584681&wl13=&veh=sem