1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Video Card Help! Choose whats best. And Power Supply Help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by acorrea4, Nov 14, 2007.

1. acorrea4

acorrea4 Regular member

Ok, well I actually got a few question, hope someone can really help me. I have over 400 PC games, and some wont allow me to play b/c the shader model 3.0! Im using a Nvidia Geforce 5200FX. Now What can I get that will allow me to play those games? I didnt want to over do it, just something to get these games working good.

Also, I was looking into a Geforce 7300GT, 7600GT or Radeon x1650, which is best for my money? Or what do you recommend under $85?

Last question (promise, I wont take that long....lol) I seen that the requirments for some of these cards ask for a power supply of 300-400 watts. How can I see which one I have, and with all the stuff I got in my system, how much I have available?

Any help will be appreciated......Thanks in Advance

2. REAM

REAM Guest

firstly, to the 7300...EEEKKK!

go with the 7600GT.

and if you open your case up, you should see the power your psu outputs on the psu

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Regardless of which graphics card you buy, get a new power supply. If your PC's a prebuilt one, it'll have a cheap low output unit, and could cause severe issues if overloaded. Get something like a 430W Thermaltake. That should suffice for a card like a 7600GT.