1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC WiFi [Digitally] Marantz Reciever?? Possible??

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by henduck, Jan 5, 2005.

1. henduck

henduck Member

I'm archiving my CD's lossless [FLAC, SHN, etc] and was wondering if there was a way to process these to my receiver without an analog stage (i.e. RCA / analog coax). Is there a device that will do this??

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Spott

2. d-rock

d-rock Guest

I'm confused by what exactly you are trying to do. Are you trying to listen to the lossless files that are on your PC on your home receiver?

3. henduck

henduck Member

I can do that no prob with codecs, I was wondering if there was a device that would do it via WiFi?

4. d-rock

d-rock Guest

So you want to go out of your computer wirelessly into your amplifier without ever converting the sound to analog? That's a great idea! I don't know exactly how to do it either, but I'm going to do some surfing to see what I can find...

5. daumier

daumier Member

Dunno if this will meet your needs - but I use Apple's Airport Express (http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/). And, though I have never tried it, I believe this device (along with iTunes) will let you perform a lossless ripping. Plus, the device has a digital output.

Anyway, I use this b/c most of my music are purchased from iTunes.

Another try: I think Roku Labs has something similar - but I don't think it can work with files that have a DRM.

hope this helps.

6. d-rock

d-rock Guest

From what I've been reading, these wireless receivers let you play mp3's and wma's over your home network through your receiver. I haven't found anything that will actually let you play shn's and flac's and such. I guess you could transfer your files to wma, but that wouldn't be as cool as just being able to play the lossless files as is. Another option is a FM transmitter that plugs into your soundcard output and transmits a low-powered signal that your receiver could pick up. I haven't found one of these yet that has digital inputs, but I haven't looked that hard either. Also, I have no idea what the sound quality of these would be. Any other ideas??