1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pc wont start up. HELP PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by noalittle, Aug 23, 2011.

1. noalittle

noalittle Member

hi all. ok so i got this pc up and running today so i was reinstalling windows xp on it. and somewhere thru the installation the pc turned off. (i came back to find this had happened)so i went to turn the system back on and it turned on for like 1 sec then nothing. so i changed psu to 3 other ones. and still nothing. so i tried the one thats in the pc im using now. but again 1 sec then off again. any ideas?

2. Dmite30

Dmite30 Member

Try to Flash the BOIS. You should be able to find a BOIS Flash update or something like that. Download it and run it. It should work. But u need a 3 1/2 in Floppy drive to do this, unless u have an option to boot from usb, but it only staying for less than a sec i doubt that will work

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

noalittle, disconnect all cables to drives, remove all cards & ram except for videocard & 1 stick of ram. look at the silver top cans(capacitors) on the motherboard that they are not domed nor leaking brown stuff.