1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC wont turn on....

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by HyugaNeji, Feb 11, 2007.

1. HyugaNeji

HyugaNeji Member

I built my PC last night, and I was so excited. But when I went to turn it on, I pressed the button and nothing happened. The blue light from the side case fan flickered and the cpu fan twitched. I dont know what to do?! I tried taking everything out and back in.

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

first thing i would do is check the fuse in the plug. then make sure the psu is set right (110/230) for where ever you live. then make sure all the internal conections/leads are propperly conected.

then i would take out everything but the cpu and 1 stick of ram (and a graphics card if no on board) just to see if it will post without all the rest of the stuff draining your psu.

idiot question

did you put the little brass spacers into the case under the mobo? if not you could be shorting out thru the case.

3. HyugaNeji

HyugaNeji Member

err no, but wouldnt it make it too high.

4. HyugaNeji

HyugaNeji Member

That was the problem, the spacers! Why didnt anything tell me, jeez.

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@ HyugaNeji,

lol this was one funny thread. but glad you got it fixed and I bet you will never forget to use the spacers again! If you ever need any help just ask the people of AD.