1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PCB support to reflow xbox 360 worth having?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by rgarrido, Feb 2, 2012.

1. rgarrido

rgarrido Regular member

Hi all
    Im going to start doing reflows on xbox 360 i was wondering if is worth buying those xbox 360 pcb support the sell on ebay

2. aharvey80

aharvey80 Member

PCB Supports are only £30 from the UK instead of waiting for 1 from china.
    See here: PCB Supports

Direct heat reballing stations are about £12.

Hope this helps ^^

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  3. thedaddyo

thedaddyo Member

Yes it is worth buying the PCB supports as it stops the PCB boards from warping.

And as aharvey80 pointed out there are a variety of pcb supports and other BGA equipment available at https://www.techiewarehouse.co.uk/. Their support team is available to speak to and are always eager to help

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  4. Daydoman

Daydoman Member

aharvey80 and the thedaddyo are the same people folks its the admin from techiewarehouse ( have a look at their joke of a forum and you`ll see ) , the company who doesnt have a clue they sold me a ir 6500 to do ps3 when anyone knows that its not possible to rework ps3 on those machines , the company is a joke and i only found out after getting help from their competing sellers that they have just visited scotles site and asked to be a reseller , this is fine normally as its business but these jokers dont know the first thing , dont take my word guys call the friendly service team as he puts it and ask some basic questions you will know what i mean within 2 minutes of the phone call , if your going to buy a machine theres 3 main agents to use who abs know their stuff and techie warehouse isnt one of them , avoid at all costs
    they also mislead all the time as right here in their post they say stock of pcb supports in the uk but then when you order a station it comes from china , ask about them about a profile or what solder balls to use etc you have no chance on an answer,
    and on their forum the responses they give about comparisons over 490 honton and 390 further shows they have no clue because the braindead reasons admin favours the 490 is the reasons the 390 is outselling by loads ( turny knobs pmsl )

like i said avoid as they arent the cheapest for prices and service is non existent or at least have a laugh if your a clued up repair tech and call their store ask some really basic questions to fluster them its so funny

techie-warehouse.co.uk = shambles

5. aharvey80

aharvey80 Member

Hmmmmm

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013