1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PCI card can it handle BF2?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by DVD7227, Jan 22, 2007.

1. DVD7227

DVD7227 Regular member

Sup people at afterdawn,

Got a couple of friends who want to play Battlefield 2, Bad news is they told me that there Pc's do not have AGP slots nor PCIexpress
    slots either. Though they told me all there system info and they all pass CPU, ram etc.
    Went allover the web to see if there's a video card PCI that can handle BF2 even on the lowest settings does'nt have to be a monster video card handling it on full settings cause of course I know all of you would say the PCI transfer rate is to low, but to be honest they just wanna run the game and play.
    Here's a link of the video Card
    ATI Radeon 9250 (which also passes the mark EA gives you which is Radeon 8500 or higher)
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1524186&CatId=319

I have also read reviews on this card and some of the buyers say it works and others say it does not. Im thinking maybe it can but it has to be overclocked or some tuning to work on BF2.

Thanks for listening hope you guys can comment back soon.

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I had that exact card in my old pc (now have a new pc and a 7900GS!). Anyway the card ran FEAR without lag, albeit it at low settings and it handled everything I threw at it with aplomb, again though at low settings. In general I would recommend it for a PCI based card.

3. DVD7227

DVD7227 Regular member

Thanks for the advice there counting on me, and I don't want them to end up buying the card and it wont work. But from all the response's that people are giving me it seems like positive feedback.
    Thanks again,
    :)

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

No problem, but like I said it isn't ain't going to blow any videocard out of the water, but as long as it meets minimum specs it should run the game fine on low settings.