1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pci tv tuner card

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by 3phase, Jan 23, 2004.

1. 3phase

3phase Guest

Can anyone give me some advise this problem I am having?
    I got this video card about a year ago and didn't do anything with it until now. The problem is I have lost the disk and everything that came with it. I have done several internet searches using the numbers on the card to try identify it and find some drivers for it. It is an STB PCI tv/fm tuner card P/N 6000704. I have found some drivers but they don't seem to work. I downloaded some video capture software but they tell me that no video signal can be found.
    I have tried using an RCA cable and a coax wire I also connected my cable to it but nothing works. I will be using my VCR to copy my VHS tapes to DVDs if I can get this working.
    The chip on the card is a Bt878khf I think it's manufacured by conexant.
    Can I use a driver for some other tv card?
    I am getting frustrated and will welcome any advise.
    My os is Win XP home, I have 384MB ram, 40gig hard drive and a 1.7Ghz processor.

2. alleng1

alleng1 Guest

3phase,

Here's a link for drivers for your card. All I did was a search using the info you provided. These are suppose to be drivers for your card running under Windows XP. I hope this helps.

http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomf...://www.video-drivers.com/drivers/41/41565.htm

You will have to register though to download the driver files. The registration is free and I use the site for finding drivers for pc's at work when I need to reinstall an O.S and don't have the drivers for the hardware in the schools pc.

Good luck

alleng1

3. 3phase

3phase Guest

Thanks for the link. I have been trying to get things to work for several hours now. I'm not having any luck so far.
    Then again I might have everything installed and it is working fine and I don't have a compatable viewer or something is not set up right. Thanks for the help.