1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PCMCIA SATA Card

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by frenchegg, Mar 30, 2007.

1. frenchegg

frenchegg Member

Hello,

I currently have a laptop and do not have a SATA connection. I was wondering if I purchased a PCMCIA card with SATA connections this would solve the problem and work in the same way.What I wanted to achive in the end was to install the Blaster 360 or equivalant. Just wanted to check before i go out and purchase one. I have included a link to the sort of card I am on about.

Many thanks

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=47106&doy=search

2. steimy

steimy Active member

search through the first few pages of this forum, i know i have seen posts where people suggest which SATA card to buy. It has to run on a certain chipset to work. And the Blaster 360 would be a good investment. (so you know Xeno also makes one now called Top Gear and it is about $30 less)

3. frenchegg

frenchegg Member

I may be totaly missing the point here but I know you can but a SATA connetion for a normal PC and you can but quite a selection but i wondered if buying the SATA card for laptop thought the PCMICA concetion would do the same job as the selection from what I've seen is limitedand htere isn't realy a chip set for the card.

4. theridges

theridges Guest

yes it will do the same job....
    http://www.topmic.com/wbt-6030v.html
    that is the one you need because it has to have the VIA Chipset..
    and i would get the blaster..
    you have to cut the bottom of your case for the top gear and it is poorly made..
    [​IMG]

5. frenchegg

frenchegg Member

Unfortunately I live in the UK so wouldn't be able to purchase the card from the link proveded. As long as I purchase a card with the VIA VT6421 chipset would that be ok. I have seen some differnt variations of the VIA VT6421 chipset some have an L on the the end "VIA VT6421L" would that make a differnce.

6. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i am sure the "L" is the newer version than the "A". i am using 6421L for my pci sata card and it works flawlessly.

7. theridges

theridges Guest

yea aslong as its the VIA Chipset you will be fine :)