1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PCTV vison recording dvd problem can someone help?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by dvdrdisc, Apr 16, 2005.

1. dvdrdisc

dvdrdisc Member

I am using Pctv and i have the option of recording as Vcd Svcd or Dvd.

The Vcd & SVCD works fine but when i record it as a DVd the Image slows down and it cant keep up with the video. It only does it on some videos and not on others so i am confused. Does it Play back like that when in the Dvd player???

Thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well these Symptoms sound exactly Like your PC isn"t fast enough to Compress to Mpeg-2/DVD in real time so it is Dropping Frames.....

I would say the Problem was something else if you weren"t able to Capture to VCD or SVCD but you can so the Problem sounds Like your PC Just isn"t Fast enough to Capture at Full DVD Resolution....

I would suggest that you Maybe Try different Capture software that doesn"t use up as Much CPU Power for Compression......

3. dvdrdisc

dvdrdisc Member

Is there any good ones that dosent use much CPU Power that u could recomend.

I was also confused as it just seems to drop frames from Vhs's i have recorded from the TV. If i record a real Vhs like a film i got from a shop its fine.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Hi, Well the Mpeg-2 Capture program I use Most often is "InterVideo WinDVR 3.0" which Captures Very Good Quality Video and if your PC is 2.0ghz or faster you shouldn"t have any Problems Captureing without dropping Frames....

Good Luck