1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peer Guardian, Emule and Security

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by TruthIs1, Jun 15, 2003.

1. TruthIs1

TruthIs1 Member

I've switched to Emule and am using Peer Guardian after being busted by my ISP. I have version 2.0 of Peer Guardian set at 100 agression with the latest updates. At this point I much rather be overly cautious.

However, I noticed that sometimes Peer Guardian will crash without any warning at all. By this I mean it will turn itself off. This is really bad since I tend to leave my computer running alot and sometimes I don't check on it for hours. Why would it do this?
    In emule what can I do to protect myself? I've pasted in those IP adresses that were suggested in another thread. Is there anything else?
    Thankx all

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Go to the sharereactor forum and search for ipfilter.dat thwy update it all the time! Then open the dat file in notepad and copy everything, then in emule click preferences - security and edit ipfilter, then paste all the lines in, save and then reload! Check back every day or two for an updated ipfilter.dat

3. TruthIs1

TruthIs1 Member

You're a SuperStar Dela!
    One more thing, how do you change the client port?

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

click preference - connection and its easily changed from there!