1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People, please call me a dumbass................

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by baabaa, Apr 30, 2005.

1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

ok your [bold]dumber[/bold] than an [bold]ass[/bold] what now[bold]!!!![bold], but really why are we insulting donkey's

Your a sheep not a donkey although that is really open to interpretation then isnt it baabaa

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2005
  2. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I am normally nice but, you asked me to call you one so here it is:

Baabaa you are a [bold]dumbass[/bold]

Peace,

Pop Smith

3. slacker1

slacker1 Member

4. V-kos

V-kos Regular member

Dumbass! :D

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Dumb Ass, LOL

Getting closer.

6. colw

colw Active member

Trust you were not advising/emulating our hacker friend from Germany who wiped out his own hard drives - that would put you in the dumbass category.

7. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

im only posting to find out the answer
    dumbass
    :)

8. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Okay baabaa. Since I think that you are an okay guy, I will help you out, you dumb ass. :)

9. squizzle

squizzle Active member

we can call him a dumbaaaaaaaaaass...

BTW, awesome pic thugs121!

10. zippyd

zippyd Active member

ok you got my curiosity aroused dumbass......

11. Sir-Age

Sir-Age Regular member

Dumbass!

12. baabaa

baabaa Active member

LMAO..................suspense over, here we go................

I was actually trying to see if anyone could guess the reason why, and only one person came close to it.

First colw, was the closest and therefore receives the 'dumbass detective award'.....[bold]Congratulations[/bold].....

Right here goes, I had just been on Afterdawn and helped someone regarding hard disk space (GrandpaBW will remember this one), and how I purge my machine to keep it clean, tidy and backed up.
    Well, several things occured.

My mate brought his hard drive round for me to have a look at, it was just a storage drive no O/S installed as he was experiencing some issues regarding some of his files seemed to have vanished.

I opened up my PC (I have a 'gash pc that I use specifically for this type of thing AMD 1Ghz)to hook it up to a spare IDE channel.

Well the PC was ON (1st Dumbass bit), I had a cup of coffe near it (2nd Dumbass bit) and there was a small 'flash', this scared the shit out of me, and inadvertently knocked over the coffee, splashes went everywhere the PC motherboard 'flashed like a bastard' and my house was plunged into darkness....................

After stumbling downdstairs to find a torch (nearly broke my neck on the way down), found a torch, went to the fuse box and reset the RCD..(3rd Dumbass bit), well there was another crack, and the RCD went again, my mate shouted that there was another flash in there......(man I have to be really dumb).
    So I shout to him, pull the plug out of the PC, he shouted 'I can only see it when you make it flash.....(I laughed my ass off when I heard that).
    Went up stairs and unplugged it, went downstairs and reset the RCD......bingo we have light...............

Removed his hard drive (which was just hanging by the PSU cable) and looked at the motherboard, well it looked like a rats nest, half of the print had peeled up, some of the onboard chips had holes where the OEM markings used to be and some of the capacitors had holes straight through them.
    Well we can safely say I fried that motherboard.....LOL.

Now I then turned to my mate and said.......hmm do you think we just zapped your hardive.........good possibility, but I hadn't connected the IDE cable at that point of dumbassness.

So I said to him, I will try it in my main machine.
    I turned it off COMPLETELY AND UNPLUGGED IT THIS TIME.....LOL, and removed my storage hard drive and placed it on my window sill, and plugged his in.
    Plugged the lead in and powered it up, everything came up and sure enough his hard drive was there, and I could see all his files etc.
    He told me what files had vanished etc, so I did a quick search and they all appeared.

What he had done was a:not bothered searching for them, and b:placed them in different folders all over the place....jesus christ (lots of language culminated from behind my lips as you can imagine).
    His face was an absolute picture (what a turkey).

He then asked me to move, and let him have a look, so I did (major dumbass bit) and then leaned against the window sill, hey presto, the window was open and out of the fuckin window flies my hard drive as though it had wings on it...................20 ft down and bang, splat, tinkle, tinkle tinkle tinkle.
    Me and my mate just looked at each other with blank expressions, I then peered curiously out of the window to find my hard drive smashed to oblivion, and my cat sitting there next to the carcass looking somewhat dumbfounded.........LMAO, if only I had a cmaera............

Well, I said, ooops fuckin shit bastard twat (everything came out).......

Anyway, after the obsenities, I composed myself, went and made a coffee and me and my mate laughed for about half an hour.................jesus I must be the biggest dumbass outthere........................

This will make a great story on afterdawn...................LOL

The AMD cpu actually survived.....................That thing must have huge nuts and a shell like titanium........

Luckily (as I said earlier, about 10000 words back) I do regularly purge my PC and backup stuff, and thankfully I had backed up my storage drive (spanned across 8 dvd's) and this REALLY saved my ass.........................

So there you have it folks, a complete dumbass with ALL the trimmings, and the funny thing is, I am in the process of setting up a small business regarding PC Maintenance.............LMFAO.....................

So next time you come across me helping someone out here, just remember that my advice may have serious consequences...........

Feel free to continue to call me a dumbass or any other term you seem fit to label me with, I know I deserve it.................Catch you later......................................God this is killing me.............I keep laughing...........LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL......

13. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I admire your honesty!
    I wouldnt have ever told that story....so I admire your guts, and ability to laugh at yourself, and let us laugh at you too LMAO
    You should've stood in bed that day. he he he he

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  14. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

LMAO baabaa, Man I'm glad I don't drink coffee!!!!!!!

Major bummer.

15. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

ROFLMAO, baabaa! I would have been drinking something other than coffee, though, after that happened. :)

16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

baabaa, bad hair day or is it bad wool day??

17. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I just had to share that with everyone.............I could never imagine anything like that ever happening..................I am dam sure it won't happen again................

Bad wool day for sure, in the middle of a nice cold one at the moment here in the UK in the back garden......
    Wait, hahahaha, I just found the slave jumper on the patio......I was sure I found everything.............LOL

Good thing is, even though pc hardware got destroyed, the actual data that could have been lost wasn't...............I can think of easier ways to try and destroy data....................

Still as ddp always states.....teach and learn........

I shall not teach, and therefore others shall learn..............

18. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

hahaha, note to self: If you upgrade your PC don't drink ANYTHING in the process!

Peace

Pop Smith

P.S. @baabaa, at least your CPU is ok.

19. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

baabaa, teach & learn

20. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

had that happened to me, i would have shot my friend and burned my neighbor's house down (that raging lunatic)! you handled it well, woolboy...i'm impressed! :) at least you know one thing that your good friends on AD will always do for you in a situation like this: we'll never let you live it down. ;-)