1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Persistent RROD..

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by SSpiro, Sep 5, 2011.

1. SSpiro

SSpiro Member

I have a BENQ 360 thats a few years old. I don't play it as much as i'd like.. most likely no more then a few hours a month, consistently from the day I got it. I do, however, love this thing.

About 2 or 3 years ago I flashed myself. Was simple. Was time to do an update, and it got screwed up. I found a local xbox repair shop that did flashes, and they fixed it for me, for free. I got three flashing lights about a year ago, and remembered this shop. Brought to them, they fixed, with a lifetime warranty (and did fan mod also).

Now remember, I only play a few hours a month at best. About a month or two later, it came back. Brought it in, they fixed. Worked for a month or two, happened again. It's been this way now for about 12 months. Works for two months, dead.. Get it fixed, rinse, repeat.

So before I trash this thing and buy a new one..

* Is this box toast? Or does this place just have no idea of what they are doing?
    * If I must buy a new one, any particular box I should look for (used older box?) or are the new ones flashable?

2. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

time for a new xbox. He probably heatgunned it or the board is just junk.

3. coorva

coorva Regular member

you should ask the guy what he uses to repair the console,and if he can show you the board,,

4. rage4ordr

rage4ordr Regular member

I have(had) been having that exact same problem. I replaced my disk's laser because my games were freezing and was also getting the RROD every so often. Now, I didn't try a re-flow or any other type of repair other than a fan mod though. I finally just gave up and found a used phat model at a pawn shop for $100. Trust me, it's worth the $$! I kinda got lucky too because after I got the new/used one, i came to find out it has the more trustworty Jasper cpu in it. I say you do the same.

5. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

If you don't go on live you can also get a box at ebay with a defective drive, get the key from the defective drive and flash your BenQ with that key.

6. SSpiro

SSpiro Member

Yeah, no live for me..

Hmmmmmm.

7. rage4ordr

rage4ordr Regular member

Honestly, it doesn't sound like it's your drive. It seriously sounds like your 360 is on its last leg. You are having the exact same symptoms I had on mine. If you do decide to try another drive, at the very least, you'll have a spare Benq drive.
    If it helps you make up your mind, foxykay posted this graphic on my thread when I had a question. The chipset on my old 360 was a Zephyr which pretty much convinced me to just get another Xbox.

RROD is more common from left to right (eg. xenon is more likely to RROD than Falcon etc)

[​IMG]

8. cooll903

cooll903 Regular member

i like the pic but with my xenon i don't have a problem with RROD, i have a problem with E 74 errors. they are driving me up the wall, i have to get i fixed about once every 4-5 months. just about had it but i'm waiting to buy a slim till i get a new chip that came out for the glitch and also the CFW 2.0 for all the slims.

9. coorva

coorva Regular member

i think this guys not repairning it correctly,you mite want to look around for someone else that does repairs,