1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PGC problems

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by BMF1, Jan 23, 2007.

1. BMF1

BMF1 Member

Ok as with most movies i use DVDFab Decrypter first then i run VobBlanker but when i load it it says that there is problems with certain Program Chains with in the Main Movie and it suggests that i Skip that File or there will be Playback problems as the file that it wants me to Skip is the Main Movie i cannot Skip it so i Process the file and then run Shrink and everything seems fine but between Chapters during the movie i will get Glitches While playing the movie in my dvd player. The 2 Movies that i have had this problem with are Jet Li's Fearless and (John Cena's)The Marine. Any one have any idea on why this is happening or what i can do about it?

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Try using different decryption. Ripit4Me is free and has been doing better than the others lately. I'd not heard of any problems out of th ordinary with those titles. It may be with your VobBlanker editing. There's other possibilities, but using RI4M is a good place to start.

3. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

BMF1

When you run vobblanker and load the VIDEO_TS.IFO file, look to the right of the window for the [bold]"Proc.ALL"[/bold] button, click on it to prevent vobblanker from skipping anything, then click on the [bold]PROCESS!![/bold] button at the bottom to start.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

When set up RI4M is an the easiest to use. All that's needed is selecting 1-Click and process with FixVTS and then set back and wait.

5. BMF1

BMF1 Member

Most of you guys missed the most important part of what i was saying. What i was trying to say is that RARELY i find a movie that goes through DVDfab Decrypter without a hitch that gives me problems when i go to open VOBBlanker, That problem being certain program chains (Main Movie)that it doesn't want to process cause it says that there will be small pauses during playback (PLENTY of small pauses when i do choose to Process that file). Is there anything i can do about this?

And as far as using other Programs such as RI4M i have and when i go to Vobblank it the same problems show up so i don't believe it to be in the Ripping Process.

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I understood what was being said. Did you understand that the software you're using might not work with these particular releases. The studios have been adding heavier copy protection. Some of that protection mimics structural flaws, (exactly what it sounds like your setup is reacting too). So, my suspicion is that you are dealing with copy protection your software can't handle, thus my recommendation to use a known good software. If you don't like RI4M, use the AnyDVD trial with DVD Decrypter and rip the files to the HDD and then process with the latest FixVTS. If it's not my first hunch, then you probably have a faulty disc. To date I've known of no movie where protection has been added inside the main movie. That's why often doing Movie Only will bypass most copy protection schemes.

So far there's only two of us. It's either one or all. ;) As I said, I didn't misunderstand, I just don't think your software will cut it with some of the newer releases. Sounds like you've been lucky with what you've encountered before.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  7. cartjunky

cartjunky Member

The only thing unique and it's really not anymore is both of these titles contain both the theatrical and unrated versions. Having personally ripped both of these titles and run them thru Vobblanker, I'm more inclined to believe the issue is with your dvd player.

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Cartjunky
    What did you use to rip the movies with before processing with VobBlanker?

9. cartjunky

cartjunky Member

I used the latest version of DVDFAB(free version) on both titles before processing with VobBlanker.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Good. That means you were using the same software and you were successful. I question it being a problem with the hardware if it only happened with 2 titles and the others work. I don't think the hardware would pick out just 2 not to work with. They don't normally work that way. Which leaves us with wondering if the problem is with corrupted software. a bad press (bad DVD), or user error. The DVD can be checked with a scan, the software can be removed and a clean install done with fresh downloads of the latest versions, the user can ... I still think giving the latest RI4M a try may be an idea. http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html RI4M automates the decryption and cleanup process and takes most user error out ot the picture.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  11. BMF1

BMF1 Member

As i read through all these replys my only conclustion is that my hardware is bad cause i have used both RI4M/FixVTS and DVDFab Decrypter With and without FixVTS then had the same problems with Vobblanker but as was stated earlier this has only happend with these 2 movies?

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Hardware would not selectively pick 2 DVDs and work on all others unless it was something like a firmware issue, which I doubt. I don't know which would be cheapest, buying extra copies of the movies as backups or replacing the drives. Burners are pretty cheap and some movies are $20+ when first released. I'd suggest reading the entire guide at http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html and track down alkohol's guide to RipIt4Me and go over it. He usually simplifies most guides for beginners. Other people are getting these titles done.
    Good luck.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  13. BMF1

BMF1 Member

My Friend has Fearless as well so i think i will barrow his and try a few things and get back to you guys.

14. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

First I am such a preacher for the church of ripit. I have had nothing but success there. Also, make sure you do a clean install of your burning programs After you perform disk clean, and defrag. I also highly reccommend running a reg cleaner. I use ccleaner. THEN do a fresh install of programs. This can resolve some very oddball issues.

You can read the use and install instructions for ripit here here: http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html (I really recommend reading this and a guide here by alkohol http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/422740 you will learn a lot)

Shortie Install Instructions:

A. If you did not have shrink installed, you would have to now, but you do! OR you don't, go here and install this first. http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

B. Go to http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/ and download SetupDVDDecrypter_3.5.4.0.exe [879KB] Install this file before you proceed.

C. Go to http://www.ripit4me.org/download.html and download the Version 1.6.9.0 (RipIt4Me.zip, 162 KB) file, the link is in blue.

D. Go to http://www.ripit4me.org/download.html and download the RipIt4Me installer (1.1 Mb) file, the link is in red.

E. Double click on the RipIt4Me.zip file to unpack it. Leave it.

F. Double click on the Ripit4me installer.exe file and follow the on-screen instructions.

This will put everything in the right place and you are good to go. I recommend using the one click mode for everything until you are familiar with the program. This mode will basically dump you into shrink and then you will proceed from there as you always have, but you will now have a good clean rip loaded into it.

15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I thought you used the installer and then loaded the zip update.

16. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Shoots Pac. I don't know!!! The two times I did it. Once the first time and once on a clean install. I just unpacked it and left it on the desktop and then ran the installer then closed up. Seemed to work???? Am I giving out bogus info? I sure hope not, I didn't think so :(

This is for initial install perhaps I misunderstand. For the UPDATES you just unpack the file and run it after of course you have used the install on a clean install.

OK, the official guide does not distinguish...at least in the install section???

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  17. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Kitty
    I suppose it doesn't matter, but for economy of work, I prefer having the installer load the program and create the RipIt4Me folder in Program Files before doing the updates. Just open the program and it can get the updates or take you to the home site. With the RI4M folder created, when I go to save the zip files, all I need to do is save them to the RipIt4Me folder and open them. It takes out the step of saving to the Desktop and then copying to the RipIt4Me folder. I don't like doing anymore work than I have to. LOL

18. BMF1

BMF1 Member

Ok i have done as you suggested and ran disk clean up on all my drives and then i defraged them all 5 times each just to make sure and then restarted my CPU, Installed all the software from scratch and tried my buddies Fearless ran it through DVDfab, RI4M, and AnyDVD's Ripper all gave me the same problems when i can to VobBlanker without an execption so i tried to reinstall a fresh download of Vobblanker and again the same problems and so i had my buddy run it on his CPU and guess what, Problems once again. So i am still very stuck and looking for another way if anyone has any thing to say?

19. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Okay, it's time to do this in reverse. Instead of us telling you "how to", you need to tell us how you did it. Starting with the RipIt4Me software installation and going through the complete process give us the step by step process you used. Hopefully you won't leave steps out so we have to ask how you got from one part of the process to the other. We'd like to see the software installation, decryption of the source DVD, transcoding and burn to the point where you should have had a DVD copy. Write down each step of what you did and not what you read somewhere. If you want to learn how to do backups, you need to do this. Somewhere there appears to have been some miscommunication.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  20. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@BMF1

I ripped Jet Li's FEARLESS (US Region 1, unrated version) with DVDFab Decrypter and as usual, I blanked, deleted and edited out all junks and processed via VobBlanker flawlessly.

Out of curiosity, are you using the latest versions from both DVDFab Decrypter and VobBlanker? According to my knowledge, from VobBlanker 2130B4 --> 2130B6 should be any to handles any VTS (i.e. 99 VTS) without any issues.

I suggest you get the latest VobBlanker 2130B6 http://download.videohelp.com/jsoto/betas/ if you haven't done so because it's a great tool and it handles more VTS and the latest DVDs. That being said, it's good to keep all your tools to the latest and you'll be free of worries.