1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PGCedit--trouble with root and title menus

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by klemperal, May 29, 2007.

1. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

I'm having some trouble hiding buttons on a DVD I'm backing up. It seems as though the Root menu and Title menu are one in the same, however the root menu appears to be the only one available to edit and therefore the only one I can hide buttons on. The problem is there must be a title menu because when I test the DVD out and have it "jump to title menu" it takes me there with the buttons I had hid in the root menu functional. I went through trace mode and previewed every menu and there does not appear to be any other menu like the one I'm trying to edit. If you can help me make any sense of this I'd really appreciate.

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I'm not familiar with how PGCEdit works (although I will be some day) but I'm wondering if it shows you when there are multiple segments to a motion menu. In my experience, most motion menus are composed of 3 separate segments that are played back seamlessly like chapters in the movie. It's common to see a title menu done this way where the first segment only plays once and then the second and third segments loop endlessly or a pre-determined number of times. In DVDReMake you have to remove the buttons from each of the menus individually. I don't know how (or if) this applies to PGCEdit since I haven't used it.

3. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

Root menu is the VTSM domain, labeled as RootM. Title menu is in the VMGM domain, labeled as TitleM. These are 2 different references. When you say "jump to title menu", are you referring to the JumpSS command or the Title menu button on the remote? If the latter, most likely the navigation is redirected to the Root menu, which is very common.

"Jump to title menu" could also mean jump to the main menu of the DVD. The main menu does not necessarily label as RootM but resides in some menu PGC.