1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phantom menace help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dragonz22, Jan 10, 2005.

1. dragonz22

dragonz22 Member

hello everyone love this site very useful and helpful i read on how to burn a backup of the new resident evil apocalypse. but just got a new pc with a dvd burner and am trying to copy star wars-phantom menace onto a blank maxell dvd+r 4.7 gb i have dvd decryptor as well as dvdxcopy platinum and dvd shrink 3.2 but it keeps giving me "error occured (cyclic redundancy check) or just stopping midway of the decrypting process any step by step methods how to get this done will be much greatly appreciated thank you.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

That error during the rip process is usually caused by a dirty, damaged or defective original. That movie is an older one so it doesn't have the new encryption. Check your original and clean it as good as you can. Check for scratches.

Jerry

3. dragonz22

dragonz22 Member

thanks for the advice sorry it took so long to reply back i havent had the time but i checked my original disc and it is scratched pretty bad close to the center. so i guess thats why it didnt burn thanks for your help. if i have any more questions i'll be sure to post them.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

In some cases a resurfacing tool does a good job on those scratched discs. Different companies make them. I use one named Skip DR with good results.