1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phat ps3 60gb blu-ray drive dead??

Discussion in 'PS3' started by ohmss, Feb 12, 2012.

1. ohmss

ohmss Regular member

Hi all,

Just a little advice if possible. I've just got a phat 60gb ps3 of someone who stated that the disc drive wouldnt work. I thought for £20 I'd give a go and see if I could do anything. The ps3 powers on fine but the disc drive will not suck in a disc at all. I've read that it may be a sensor issue or it could be a dead drive. When I press the eject button all I get is the 3 beeps. I dont know much about these but for £20 I thought I'd give it a go. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? before I go out and purchase a new drive or anything.

Thanks to all

just tried inserting disc whilst in standby mode and it did trigger the ps3 on so I guess its not the sensor

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

This happens when the console YLODed and someone opened up the drive to get the disc out. Mine had the same, just open up the drive, put a disc in, put all back togehter and press eject.

3. ohmss

ohmss Regular member

Thanks mate but unfortunately no joy. I've pushed the buttons on the starter motor and nothing so maybe thats the problem. Cant find anywhere thats sells them. Cheers

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012