1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phat PSP Modding with Slim Battery

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by pogi1100, Jan 2, 2008.

1. pogi1100

pogi1100 Regular member

Ok 2 questions:

Is it ok if I use a slim pandora battery and a magic memory stick to install CFW onto a phat PSP? (In other words, is it okay to put the slim pandora battery into the phat PSP?

The other question is when I made the magic memory stick, the first thing I did was format it using the format option in the PSP then I put the necessary files in and flashed it with the msipl.bin. I did not use the mspformat thingy... Is this ok?

Reply A.S.A.P. Please...

2. drakex

drakex Regular member

You can NOT make a SLIM pandora battery, its impossible, its patched so that you cant create it!

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The SLIM Battery will not fit into a FAT PSP.

However you can fit the FAT Battery in the PSP SLIM and convert it to a Pandora Battery then use the FAT Pandora Battery in the FAT PSP.

Go HERE and follow this guide using your PSP SLIM.

When you get to the Pandora Battery part use the custom firmware option part of the guide and use the FAT Battery instead of the SLIM Battery.

@drakex

You can to make a Pandora Battery using a SLIM Battery.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  4. pogi1100

pogi1100 Regular member

Oh thanks. Oh and ya u can make a pandora battery with psp slim battery (I just did).

Can someone answer my magic memory stick question?

5. pogi1100

pogi1100 Regular member

Ok, since no one is replying... I will explain my question again...

I got this message when I think I flashed the memory stick with msipl.bin "to small reserved sectors at the very end. Is that a message that I flashed it correctly or was it an error?

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Use the guide I provided above. You don't have to mess with running msipl.bin. The easy installer will place all needed files on the card.

7. pogi1100

pogi1100 Regular member

ya I used that once then all it did was put msipl.bin in the root of the memory stick it didn't flash it with msipl.bin. I think it's because I'm running as a limited user (I can't get access to administrator so don't tell me to or ask why). Is this ok?